My thirty plus years’ experience within the engineering, transport and logistics industry means that I have extensive knowledge of transport logistics planning & trouble shooting.
I began my career as an apprentice mechanic in Warrington before moving on to motorsport. I am a time served Car/ HGV Technician with extensive experience in specialised vehicle recovery.
I have held positions as a Transport Manager both internationally and in the UK.
In addition, I have been a Depot Manager in the waste industry.
My most recent experience was in the demolition sector where I held the position of Plant and Transport Manager, helping to get to FORS Silver whilst managing drivers/vehicles and procurement.
My extensive background and experience across the transport industry has provided me with the knowledge, confidence and connections needed to become a business owner and Managing Director.
As Managing Director of JLR my main roles are:
- To remain at the forefront of updates regarding compliance across the transport industry and ensuring that this knowledge is passed on to my clients.
- We work as an external Transport Manager for clients, managing compliance, driver training and vehicle maintenance.
- To deliver training for both the transport industry leading Freight Transport Association (FTA) and the JAUPT accredited Platinum Training Services facility in Hyde.
- To work alongside the Traffic Commissioners office on many levels including representing and supporting businesses through Public Inquiries.
To date I hold the following qualifications:
- National CPC
- International CPC
- Light vehicle technician
- HGV technician
- Experienced Plant Fitter
- Qualified MOT tester
- Class 1 licence holder
- Full DCPC holder
- AET Level 3
- First Aid Trained to Level 3
- City and Guilds Exam Invigilator
My own continuing professional development is an important part of my business which I use to ensure that the services I offer are always at the forefront of current thinking.
My vision is to offer a complete package of support that is tailor made to the client’s requirements. Ultimately this will be a package which is affordable, practical and fully comprehensive therefore saving the client both time and money whilst ensuring they remain fully compliant.
My role as a trainer will give the client access to bespoke training packages from instructing drivers in toolbox talks through to giving presentations to senior management teams.
The driver CPC market is a particular specialism where the experience of driving HGVs regularly enables me to know what relevant points need to be covered and how best to approach them.
My Advanced Education Training (AET level 3) qualification gives me a thorough understanding of how to assess the training requirements of the people on my courses therefore ensuring that they further their knowledge.